Thursday, April 12, 2012

Real vs Surreal











For the "Real" part of this assignment my approach was to pick a theme with some objects I had around the house, I also wanted to play with colors. My first one is a game theme, I enjoy playing board, and card games and  I thought the colors of all the different pieces would make an interesting composition. My second piece is based on a summer camp that I have worked at for the past four years and I'm going back for my 5th summer. It's become almost like a second home so it was a easy pick for me to use pieces that represent Starlight. My third is a generation theme. I have at least one object belonging to myself, my mother, my grandmother and my great grandmother. I put them together in an arrangement alluding to a jewelry chest and went for a bright color scheme.
For the "Surreal" part I started with no really plan. I basically scanned a bunch of random pieces and hoped for the best. The first one I scanned some different playing cards. After messing around with the warp tool I made a rain drop shape and that how that piece evolved. The second is several crochet needles. I like these just because the colors are so vibrant. I warped them a bit, layered them, and then used several filters. The third I started layering a leaf earring I scanned and I created a wing like shape from there I kept seeing an insect and I had fun playing with different filters.


No comments:

Post a Comment